Sunday, October 3, 2010

First Day Of School and Ashton's Birthday

Was anyone else sad about the first day of school as I was this year? Usually I am so excited for school to start but I was really sad! I felt like we still had fun stuff left to do, and that the summer went by way to fast, oh well it came and my kids were super excited especially Bam he started kindergarten this year, and Ashton is in the 4th grade ( I know I am so old) The first day we always walk to school with some friends this year was the same.
Bam did not start school the same day as Ashton did but he still had to wear his new school clothes.Ashton and his new school clothes.Both ready for school.

They both love school still which is a good sign. Ashton says that this is the best year yet, and Bam just likes to go so that he can play with his friends. But what the hay as long as he likes to go. The boys ride their bikes to school everyday with friends, and they love it, it also makes it easier on me as well.
Ashton's birthday was Saturday Oct. 2 I can not believe that he is 10 wow where did the time go by? We had a birthday party with family on Saturday and he and some friends are going to go swimming on monday for his friend party. Ashton is a huge BYU fan so of course that is what kind of party he wanted so i made a cake. i was going to make it out of fondant but after trying for hours I gave up and just used plain frosting. I am thinking about going into cake decorating business so if any one wants cakes made I can do it but it has to involve simple shapes and one letter. Ashton said that it was the best looking cake he has ever had so I guess that is all that matters.
Ashton is such a good kid he always helps out even when he hasn't been asked. He is such a good brother to Bam and Chaetton. Ashton is very smart and always does well in school. He is a very good athlete something I am sure he got from me. We love Ashton very much and are so glad that he is in our family. a few pics of Ashton growing up.







4 comments:

  1. Good gosh, I missed another birthday! What is going on with me? Sorry Ashton! We hope you had a blast on your birthday! You have hit the double digits, no going back now. Seems like you were just born yesterday! You have always been such a good boy with a good personality. We love being around you! Jackson would move in with you if he could. Lookin good on your first day of school too! Still liking the fouhawk on Bam. Glad he likes school. Such cute boys! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowsers you boys are sure looking good for all those hot chicks at school! you will have to tell me all your girlfriends names! oh my gosh i can remember all those pics of ashton! he is so little. that is so crazy to think that was so long ago! gosh you are old! hope you had an awesome birthday ashton! and i totally agree that ashton got all his athletic skills from katy! i have seen her cordination! cant wait to see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Beckie Bailey, Heather's Mom. Heather does have a blog but I will let her share that with you. She is in Okinawa with Brandon and her 2 daughters, Bella (7) and Evie (3). I hope she pulls up my comments but I will email her and tell her too. Heidi and Pam have blogs too. Heidi is expecting her 4th child and 2nd daughter in November and Pam has a 2 year old son. Heidi and Andy live in Las Vegas and Pam and her husband live in Sandy. I was so excited to see you this morning! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katy! I am so glad that you have a blog! I love being able to keep up with people even though we are so far away. Your boys are so handsome! It looks like things are going well for you and your family. Looks like my Mom gave you the details on my little family. I am not sure when we will be back stateside but we will have to get together when we are.

    ReplyDelete